What To Do – Davisburg, MI
For this installment of the ‘What To Do’ blog series, we take a look at the small town of Davisburg, MI. Located in Oakland County MI, Davisburg gives you a country feel with lots to do near by. Davisburg also hosts some great local events!
Events & Entertainment
• Oakland County Fair: Every July, Davisburg plays host to the Oakland County MI Fair. This is one of the oldest fairs in the nation, founded in 1830. It moved around to several locations before settling on Davisburg as a permanent location. The Oakland County Fair provides a valuable educational and entertaining experience for all who attend.
• Springfield Farmers’ Market: The Farmers’ Marker is located at the Shiawassee Basin Preserve that can be accessed at the Davisburg Rd. entrance. The market runs every Sunday, from June until October and is free to the public.
• The Palace of Auburn Hills: This entertainment venue hosts a variety of great shows and events all year long. Between NBA Basketball games and concerts, there is always something going on here.
Parks & Outdoor Recreation:
• Shiawassee Basin Preserve: It’s 500+ acres hosts two lakes and many trails over 5 miles long. It has several look-out points, and is a great place to be alone with nature.
• Springfield Oak’s Golf Course: This golf course is a scenic 18-hole, Par 71 course. The front 9 is open and hilly while the back nine is tighter, with more trees and water. It is part of the Michigan Turfgrass Environmental Stewardship Program, which means it exceeds laws to protect water resources and enhance maintenance.
• Great Lakes Crossing, which is located in near by Pontiac, had any retail option you could imagine. This indoor mall has many other attractions like a movie theater, something really cool and many restaurant options. It’s worth the short trip to check it out.
Looking to move to Davisburg, MI? Check out Springrove, one of our HomeFirst Certified home communities in Davisburg.