Need Cash? 6 Household Items You Can Sell Fast
If you need cash FAST, check under the bed or inside the closet. While you won’t find a bag of money or blank check signed by Warren Buffett, you might find something else of monetary significance. In fact, your home could be loaded with unwanted or unneeded possessions that have market value. Here are some common household possessions you can sell. As they say, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
1. CDs: The digitization of music has reduced the value of your CDs, but sites like Zumu and Decluttr will still buy them from you. While your prized Rolling Stones collection may no longer fetch what you feel it should, something is better than nothing. Back up your CDs onto your computer and let the selling begin!
2. Toys: If your children have outgrown their toys, there’s really no use in keeping them around. As long as they’re in good condition, you can probably fetch a few bucks for them. Check out sites like Shopify or Big Commerce.
3. VHS Tapes: You might think VHS tapes are dead technology, but there’s actually a sizable market for them online. Visit Amazon or eBay; you might be surprised what your VHS videos are worth; especially if they were never released on DVD.
4. Video Games and Consoles: If you’re always ditching your old console for the hottest new system, you might be in luck. Websites like Cash for Gamers are always looking to snatch up used games and consoles.
5. Clothes: There’s always a market for clothes, especially of the name-brand variety. As long as the clothes are in good condition, they are likely worth something. Visit sights such as Like Twice and thredUP to unload the garments you’ve outgrown or no longer want.
6. Cameras: The advent of the smartphone has made amateur photography more popular than ever. Ironically, it’s come at the expense of digital cameras, which consumers no longer need. Yet, there’s still a decent sized market for them. Sites like Adorama and KEH will pay you cash for your old, unwanted digital camera.