National Simplify Your Life Week
This week is national “Simplify Your Life” week! As summer comes to an end, you can already see your list of responsibilities growing and your schedule getting busier. We are always looking for ways to simplify our lives and cut corners, saving time and money in the long run. Here are some great ways to simplify things:
- Limit the incoming – Limit what comes into your life. Paper, mail, etc. Signing up for online statements is a great way to start limiting items coming in. What does come in, make sure you have a filing system in place and only keep current items.
- Have a launch area – This is where you put items that are going out of the house the next day. The mudroom in your manufactured home, or corner of a table works well.
- Plan the night before – Before you go to bed each night, prep for the morning. Set your clothes out, load your workbag, and make your lunch. It will simplify your morning routine.
- If you don’t use it, lose it! Simple enough.
- Cook in bulk – Cook large meals and freeze them. This saves not only time but also money. Simplifying your meal planning later on. You can also shop in bulk. But make sure not to overstock.
- Keep a “to-do” list. Prioritize what needs to be done each day.
- OHIO – Only Handle It Once. Don’t play the shuffle game. When something comes into your home, put it away where it goes. Don’t place it somewhere to take care of it later.