Keeping Your Pets Healthy
Happy pet, happy life! Well, maybe that’s not how the saying goes, but we are pretty sure it’s a true statement. We put a lot of energy into keeping our pets happy and well taken care of. But sometimes we get busy and need to remind ourselves to take a moment to check in. Here are a few ways in which you can make sure your pets are happy and healthy!
• Make your home a safe environment – This is something that is often overlooked. Pet proofing can lower the risk of serious pet accidents from occurring. Some things to think about:
– Plants that sit on the floor and could make your pet ill if chewed on.
– Household cleaners, pesticides and medications. Where are they used and located?
– Low electrical cords that are extremely hazardous when chewed.
Taking the time to think about these hazards will help ensure your pets safety.
• Make sure your pet receives a complete check-up – A regular physical is the most overlooked pet health need today according to some vets. Often, we only think of taking our pet to the vet when they’re ill, or need a shot. But a yearly comprehensive exam can help keep them healthy and save you from large vet bills later.
• Design a diet and exercise plan to meet your pet’s needs – Dogs and cats can become overweight just like humans. So check with your vet, who will take into account the animal type or breed, age, time of year and what the right amount activity should be for them. Then, they can help you come up with the right course of action to keep your pet happy and healthy.