February Fun: 6 Events in Michigan
February is the shortest month of the year, but in Michigan it’s one of the longest on fun. Since it’s the last full month of winter, there are plenty of fun events in the snow to enjoy. And since the weather is a few degrees warmer on average, the conditions aren’t quite so harsh. Not only that, but February is also the month of Valentine’s Day. Grab your loved one and check out these exciting events taking place in Michigan – some not too far from your manufactured home!
1) Michigan International Auto Show (Grand Rapids): If you missed the auto show in Detroit, here’s another chance to see some awesome cars. Whether you’re looking for a new car or simply appreciate a nice vehicle when you see one, this event is honking for you. There will be 300+ new vehicles on display, from sedans and SUVs to hybrids and sports cars. More info.
Dates: 2/6/14 – 2/9/14
Address: 303 Monroe NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
2) Art Trail Tecumseh (Tecumseh): Revel in the beauty of handmade art sculptures at Art Trail Tecumseh. On display through May 2015, you can be one of the very first to take in the sights of these breathtaking works of art. More info.
Dates: 2/6/14 – 2/9/14
Address: 309 East Chicago Blvd, Tecumseh, MI 49286
3) Burgers, Brews & Dudes (Burton): We already told you about the women’s getaway in Traverse City, so here’s one for then men! With a burger bar, hot towel shaves and more, you’ve got all your bases covered. There’s even a “Manly Man Obstacle Course.” Must be 21 to participate. More info.
Address: 6045 Davison Road, Burton, MI 48509
4) Ice Fishing Tournament (Mayville): Can you catch the grand prize pike? Come and find out at during the 19th Annual Ice Fishing Tournament. Entry fee is $20 per session for people 17 and over, and $5 per session for those 16 and younger. More info.
Address: 2315 Harmon Lake Road, Mayville, MI 48744
5) Aqua Freeze Festival (St. Clair Shores): Stop by St. Clair Shores for some frozen fun. There will be plenty of activities for both children and adults, including ice carvings and ice-skating. More info.
Dates: 2/21/14 – 2/23/14
Address: 27601 Jefferson Ave., St. Clair Shores, MI 48081
6) Outdoorama (Novi): All of your favorite outdoor activities under one roof! From hunting and boating, to hiking and canoeing, this show has a lot to offer. Outdoorama is also a great place to shop for new boats and accessories. More info.
Dates: 2/27/14 – 3/2/14
Address: 46100 Grand River Avenue, Novi, MI 48370