Maintenance TechnicianSubmit Your Resume
We need a Maintenance Technician to maintain our beautiful New Haven manufactured home communities and their amenities. Not only will your expertise keep our communities looking beautiful, you will build meaningful connections and make a difference in someone’s life by providing support to our residents, making days in their busy lives easier. Your skills and creativity will translate to Welcome Home to all who enter our communities.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years with grounds and maintenance experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment and commercial machinery
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
- Basic computer proficiency, particularly with email and internet
- Availability to respond to community needs during non-business hours (may be required to be on-call)
What we will do for you
Opportunity to work with an awesome team
At no cost to you, we will provide Health, Life and Disability insurance
We will offer to you, buy up Health insurance, Dental, Vision, and more life and disability insurances
10 Paid Holidays
Paid vacation and sick days
401K plan with employer match
Competitive pay –$17-$18 hourly plus generous quarterly bonuses
- Ensure community is presentable, inviting and adheres to the company’s curb appeal standards at all times.
- Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, trim shrubs and hedges, and performs other lawn care services as necessary.
- Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and streets.
- Empty common area trash containers as needed.
- Complete minor repairs to rental homes and facilities as needed.
- Clean building facilities such as clubhouse, community offices, restrooms, and maintenance barn.
- Maintain vacant sites, including strap-downs and removal of trash and debris.
- Complete checklists of physical condition of community or sites prior to and after resident occupancy.
- Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
- Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other recreational amenities to ensure proper operation, where applicable.
- Remove snow from community streets, parking lots, building entrances and other areas, where applicable.
- Perform water testing and other maintenance duties related to a well-water system, sewer system, or on-site water meters, if applicable. May include reading, repairing, and installing water meters.
- Maintain community pool(s), tests chemical levels, and adjusts appropriately, where applicable.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including safely operating vehicles when moving from site to site and picking up supplies.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.