Buying A Used Mobile Home
So you’re looking into purchasing a new home in Michigan and have finally settled on a mobile home. Now your next step is choosing between buying a used mobile home and buying a new home.
Buying a used mobile home is one of the most economical ways to purchase a mobile home. But to make sure you get the most out of your purchase, you need to be aware of what to look for when buying a used mobile home. Here are a few things to consider when looking at a potential home for your future:
- Build Quality | Check the walls and flooring. Take a good look at flooring, especially near plumbing fixtures and at walls near the rooftop to ensure no leaking has occurred.
- Rooftop | Check for stains on the roof that may indicate damage or if there is any sagging.
- Manufacture Date | Determine when the home was manufactured and based off of the age of the home, you need to check on wiring and plumbing, as those may be outdated in an older used mobile home.
- Check Underneath | Look under the home to ensure that insulation is there and not damaged. This area of the home is very important, as it protects the plumbing and flooring.
- Do Research | When buying any type of used home, do your research online and make sure light fixtures, appliances or other items in the home have not been recalled. This is for your own safety and knowledge.
If all of these items check out, then your home is good to go! Just be sure it’s the right investment for you and your family!
Photo Credit: HomeFirstTM Certified