5 Ways to Support the Troops
On behalf of everyone at HomeFirstTM Certified, happy Memorial Day to all the troops and veterans out there. We hope you had a safe and healthy day and were able to enjoy all of the beautiful weather across Michigan with your family. While Memorial Day is a great way to recognize the sacrifices our troops make to keep us safe, we believe military members and their families should be celebrated throughout the year.
Here are 5 ways to show support for the men and women of the U.S. military.
1) Personal Acknowledgement: When you see a person in a military uniform, shake their hand and thank them for their service. While members of the military don’t serve for the recognition, it’s nice to know you’re appreciated in any line of work.
2) Make a Financial Donation: For everything our troops do for us, we could always be doing more for them and their families. From helping veterans with disabilities to supporting the families of enlisted military members, your financial contribution can make a big difference. Here’s a list of organizations that would be grateful for your donation.
3) Write a Note: For all the adoration our troops receive at home, it’s a different story overseas. Soldiers sometimes go years without seeing their families, and it can really affect their spirit. A simple letter thanking a military member for their service can be very beneficial. Here’s a list of ways to send letters and emails.
4) Red, White and Blue: Show your patriotism and support for the troops by flying the American flag at your house, business or car. Seeing all the red, white and blue can be very powerful and inspiring.
5) Education: Teach your children about the importance of honoring our troops. Make sure they know these courageous individuals are true American heroes who are deserving of our unconditional respect and support. Like most lessons, actions speak louder than words, so make sure you practice what you preach in terms of your actions toward our troops and veterans.
At HomeFirstTM Certified, we are strongly committed to supporting the military. That’s why we offer special pricing to troops, veterans and immediate relatives either. Whether you’re looking to buy or rent a home, we have a great deal for you in a community you’ll love. Click here to view our special offers.