Mobile Home Skirting: How To Install Skirting
When it comes to mobile home skirting, there are many options to choose from. It can be made of everything from concrete to vinyl. You really have to base your mobile home skirting choice on the following: how much you are willing to spend, what look you are trying to achieve, durability, functionality, security, and the overall impact it will have on your mobile home’s value.
After answering these questions, you’ll be able to determine which type of skirting is right for your home. If you choose to install your skirting yourself, this will cut down on costs. Let’s go over a few tips on how to install skirting.
1. Measure your mobile home. There are 2 measurements you’ll need: length and height. Using a tape measure, start at a corner of the home. You may need someone to assist you.
2. Select the mobile home skirting materials. After you answering the above questions, you should have a good idea of the materials that you would like to select from your home. You can purchase the different materials at home improvement stores.
3. Transport the skirting supplies. At the very least you’ll need a pick-up truck to transport the materials. Some panels are heavier than others and may require additional lumber for framing. You may want to schedule a delivery with the store.
4. Assemble the skirting wall. Grade the ground and make it as level as possible. The method of installation will vary with different types of material.
5. Attach the inside top track to the underside of the mobile home with screws and a variable speed drill. The ground tracks can be held in place with re-bar stakes.
6. Use a table (or circular saw) to cut vinyl panels for height if necessary. Attach overlapping panels securely to inside track.
7. Secure the panels with outside top and bottom track, using a screw to secure in place. Use a level to ensure the wall is straight.
There are also many videos online with great tips on how to install skirting.