How to Get Ready for Your Vacation
Gearing up for an exciting summer escape? Traveling is a great time for the family, but the days leading up to your getaway can be stressful. No matter how you’re getting to your destination (plane, car, train, etc.) there’s some planning involved. From packing your suitcase to making reservations, it’s important to be on top of all the little things! Here’s a 7-step checklist to ensure all your bases are covered.
1) Confirm Reservations: Whether you booked your travel accommodations last week or last year, take a few moments to confirm your reservations. This will give you peace of mind that you won’t have to make any last-second changes. Reservations can usually be confirmed online or over the phone.
2) Check In: Some airlines allow you to “check in” to your flight 24 hours before your departure. Checking in online, which usually enables you to print your boarding pass or download it to your mobile device, means one less thing to worry about at the airport.
3) Check Whether: Take a look at the forecast in the city you’re visiting. When packing your luggage, be mindful of the projected conditions. Don’t forget to bring a hat and sunscreen if you’re going somewhere warm!
4) Identification: Before departing for your trip, double-check to make sure everyone in your group has their identification. Whether it’s a driver’s license, passport or birth certificate, you won’t get very far without it.
5) Research: If you’re going somewhere new, scope out local hotspots through review sites like Yelp. Write down some restaurants and other places that look interesting so you’ll know where to go and what to do when you arrive.
6) Odds and Ends: If you’re going to be away from your home for an extended period of time, consider stopping your mail or asking a friend or neighbor to pick it up for you. You might also want to make arrangements to have your trash taken out if necessary.
7) Save Energy: Turn off the lights and lamps in your home to save energy. Set your alarm if you have one. And don’t forget to lock your doors! Have a great time on your trip!
Brought to you by HomeFirst™