Grounds & Maintenance Technician - Meadow Creek New Haven, MI | Meadow Creek
Location / Community: New Haven, MI | Meadow Creek
Employee Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Grounds & Maintenance Technician - Meadow Creek
Job Experience: 2+ years
Compensation: Hourly rate based on experience, medical/dental/life insurance, PTO, 401(k)
Contact Name: HR
Contact Phone #:
Contact Email Address: Amanda@HomeFirstLLC.com
Grounds and Maintenance Technicians perform routine and preventative maintenance tasks to maintain the physical integrity and continued efficiency of the community and its amenities. They conduct building maintenance repairs and are responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of property grounds, facilities, streets, equipment, and various utility systems. Maintenance Technicians promote the communities commitment to customer service by providing prompt and friendly service to staff and residents and are a part of new resident orientation.
1. Ensure community is presentable, inviting, and adheres to the company’s curb appeal standards at all times.
2. Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, trim shrubs and hedges, and performs other lawn care services as necessary.
3. Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and streets.
4. Empty common area trash containers as needed.
5. Complete minor repairs to rental homes and facilities as needed.
6. Clean building facilities such as clubhouse, community offices, restrooms, and maintenance barn.
7. Maintain vacant sites, including strap-downs and removal of trash and debris.
8. Complete checklists of physical condition of community or sites prior to and after resident occupancy.
9. Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
10. Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other recreational amenities to ensure proper operation, where applicable.
11. Remove snow from community streets, parking lots, building entrances and other areas, where applicable.
12. Perform water testing and other maintenance duties related to a well-water system, sewer system, or on-site water meters, if applicable. May include reading, repairing, and installing water meters.
13. Maintain community pool(s), tests chemical levels, and adjusts appropriately, where applicable.
14. Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including safely operating vehicles when moving from site to site and picking up supplies.
15. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
As a Grounds and Maintenance Technician, you must be hard-working, reliable and focused on providing exceptional customer service. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and be willing to collaborate with coworkers to accomplish tasks successfully.
• High school diploma or GED
• 2+ years with grounds and maintenance experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work
• Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record
• General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
• Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment and commercial machinery
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
• Ability to provide legible written reports
• Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
• Basic computer proficiency, particularly with email and internet
• Availability to respond to community needs during non-business hours (may be required to be on-call)