5 Benefits of Camping
If you’re looking for a fun and inexpensive getaway, consider one of Michigan’s beautiful camping areas. Camping is a great way to escape from the stresses of our fast-moving lives and appreciate the beauty of nature.
Here are 5 benefits of camping:
1) Relax: There’s something quite peaceful about camping. The air is cleaner, the surroundings are usually quieter and the beauty can be breathtaking. If you live in an urban or suburban environment, camping is a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle and find some true relaxation.
2) Technology Free: With smartphones and tablets becoming more popular by the day, some of us are guilty of being a little too captive to technology. Camping is great way to purify our minds, re-center our bodies, and tune our senses to the serenity of the great outdoors.
3) Bonding: You don’t have to go camping with other people, but when you do it’s a great way to build relationships. Camping is a natural emotional adhesive that brings you closer to others and fosters trust. Some of the best experiences you’ll share with friends or family are formed over a crackling fire; roasting marshmallows are sharing in good conversation.
4) Exercise: From biking and hiking, to swimming and canoeing, camping will keep you moving. Even if you’re not camping on a rigorous trail, it’s still better than sitting at home. With no TV, computers or video games to distract you, you can have fun the old-fashioned way!
5) Challenging: You don’t need a high-intensity trail to have a memorable time, but your experience might be even better if it’s a little challenging. Whether it’s hiking on a steep trail or canoeing on a rocky river, you’ll get a sense of pride and confidence knowing you overcame the challenge.